Author’s note: as of version 1.1.2 – which was released on December 1, 2021 – this glitch no longer works. If you still have version 1.1.1 of the game, you can use this glitch!
If you’ve been reading social media since the release of Pokémon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl, you may have noticed something: these games are busted. In version 1.1.0, there’s a simple and easy cloning glitch that you can perform in Solaceon Town. As long as you follow our step-by-step guide, you can clone as many Pokémon as you want with no risk involved!
You can clone Pokémon as soon as you arrive in Solaceon Town! The Pokémon and the item it holds are both duplicated in the process. This means you can clone important items like Master Balls, Bottle Caps, and Ability Patches. You could even clone Nuggets to sell for money, but our guide on money farming is a lot faster. Here’s the list of instructions to follow if you want to clone your Pokémon:
- Place a Pokémon in Box 1, Slot 1. Place another Pokémon in Box 2, Slot 1. Neither of these Pokémon is going to be cloned, but we recommend you use a common Pokémon like Starly or Shinx here.
- Register the Pokémon in Box 1, Slot 1 into an empty battle team (press X in your PC box to switch the interface).
- Head over to the Pokémon Nursery and talk to the woman at the counter. Select the Pokémon in Box 2, Slot 1. Then scroll down to the “Box List” button at the bottom.
- Highlight Box 2 and press the Y button. Then switch its place in the PC with Box 1. Afterward, press B to exit and then deposit the one Pokémon into the day-care.
- Open up your PC and check your battle team. There’s now a corrupt Pokémon in it — don’t try to interact with or hover over it. Instead, deposit a Pokémon you no longer want into the battle team and it will disappear.
- Take the Pokémon that you do want to clone and deposit it into the PC. Then check its summary. Congratulations — you’ve cloned the Pokémon!
It’s important to note that this glitch will almost certainly be removed in the near future. Clone as many Pokémon as you want (and their items, too) before the exploit disappears! In the meantime, if you’d like to look at more content for Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl, you can do so below. Good luck with cloning, and feel free to drop by our Discord community if you have any questions!
If you would like to read more Pokémon guides, please follow this link.